kern/162008: [zfs] Latest 9-STABLE and 10-CURRENT fail to boot from ZFS v15 root [regression]

Robert Millan rmh at debian.org
Wed Oct 26 17:40:09 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/162008; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Robert Millan <rmh at debian.org>
To: Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/162008: [zfs] Latest 9-STABLE and 10-CURRENT fail to boot
 from ZFS v15 root [regression]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:34:15 +0200

 2011/10/26 Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org>:

 > Please let us know how _exactly_ your "kernel is no longer
 > able to boot from my ZFS pool as root file system".
 > That is, what boot stage fails and what output you see - (gpt)zfsboot,
 > zfsloader, kernel, root fs mounting, something else...

 I'm sorry, I thought there was no meaningful error, but in closer look I notice:

   Mounting from zfs:eeepc/root failed with error 6.

 Assuming this means ENXIO, could it be a race condition?

 --
 Robert Millan