system hangs using zfs28 after enabiling nfsshare on a new dataset

Brian Gold bgold at simons-rock.edu
Thu Oct 20 15:09:11 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I've been using the 8.2-RELEASE w/ ZFSv28 from mfsBSD (http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/)
for a while now without any issues. Today I decided to try out sharenfs to
see how it works. I got everything configured and successfully shared a new
dataset (backup/vmimages) to another system on my network. After an hour or
so however, the nfs host locked up. I tried rebooting it and it hung shortly
after mounting my zfsroot pool (see screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/qjJO2.jpg). I rebooted into single-user mode and
attempted to run a "zfs set sharenfs=off backup/vmimages", but that hung the
system as well. I rebooted again into single-user mode and ran "zfs destroy
backup/vmimages" (nothing important on there yet) and even that hangs the
system. Any thoughts as to what I can do to troubleshoot this further?