8TB Partition Problem

umar unix.co at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:55:45 UTC 2011

Hi Member,

Recently I have buy Dell Power Vault NX3100, with 4 3 TB hardrive after
creating the raid it give me 8.xx TB partition. There is another 2 HD with
140GB attached with Raid 1. I have install FreeBSD 8.2 64bit on Raid1
partition.

After the installation I have tried to create new partition on 8TB drive
through sysinstall but its not working. Then I tried bsdlable but its also
failed below is the error message of bsdlable.

bsdlabel: disks with more than 2^32-1 sectors are not supported

Would you please help me how i can solve this problem. If freebsd is not
supported 8 TB then which Linux is supporting so I can move to Linux

Best Regards,

Umar