Does UFS2 send BIO_FLUSH to GEOM when update metadata (with softupdates)?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 27 11:32:25 UTC 2011

Hello, Kirk.
You wrote 26 ноября 2011 г., 21:12:34:

> and other issues raised, this is clearly a bad idea. So, my question
> to you is how can we reliably get the underlying systems to not lie
> to us about the stability of our I/O request?
 BTW, strict FSYNC flag will be very useful for transactional
databases. It is not too good, that now GEOM doesn't know about such
writes and could dealy them and could not mark them for underlying
hardware.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>