Remote address not configured ??

Mikolaj Golub trociny at freebsd.org
Sat May 7 07:27:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, 7 May 2011 01:12:03 +0500 Tears ! wrote:

 T!> Hi

 T!> I am trying to create hast0 pool

 T!> hastctl create hast0

 T!> But i am getting error

 T!> [ERROR] Remote address not configured for resource hast0.

 T!> Here is my hast.conf both nodes are accessible and both side same hast.conf

 T!> resource hast0 {
 T!> on s1 {
 T!> local /dev/ad3
 T!> remote 87.96.41.150
 T!> }
 T!> on s2 {
 T!> local /dev/ad3
 T!> remote 87.96.41.146
 T!> }
 T!> }

 T!> How to solve this ?

It looks like hastd can't find configuration for its node. Is s1 and s2 are
real hostnames of your hosts? As it is stated in hast.conf(5):

     The <node> argument can be replaced either by a full hostname as obtained
     by gethostname(3), only first part of the hostname, or by node's UUID as
     found in the kern.hostuuid sysctl(8) variable.

What version of FreeBSD are you running? I suspect some release, because in
STABLE and CURRENT you would have more plain message in such case: "No
resource configuration for this node...".

--
Mikolaj Golub