ZFS Problem - full disk, can't recover space :(.

Mon Mar 28 08:57:35 UTC 2011

Quoting Dr Josef Karthauser <josef.karthauser at unitedlane.com> (from
Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:01:04 +0100):

> I'd really like my disk space back though please! I suspect that I'm
> going to have to wait for 28 to have that happen though :(.

As an intermediate action you could export the pool, boot a 9-current
live-image, import the pool there and export it again. I do not know
if you need to do a scrub or not to recover the free space or not.
AFAIK you do not need to update to v28, the new code should take care
about the issue without an update.

This will not prevent loosing space again, but at least it should give
back the lost space for the moment.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
If a man had a child who'd gone anti-social, killed perhaps, he'd still
tend to protect that child.