raidz2 boot problem: "zfs: out of temporary buffer space"

Sergiy Suprun sergiy.suprun at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:34:50 UTC 2011

Hello list.
Today I'm try to upgrade my ssytem from 8.0-stable to 8.2-relese. My
server has 8 sas drives on dell LSI controller all configured as
single drive array, so bios seen 8 drives.

Before upgrade I'm use i386 and  zfs v13, after upgrade system to
amd64 I recieve error: zfs: out of temporary buffer space.

First that I do is refresh bootcode on all 8 disks, after I upgrade
zpool and zfs to latest version but no luck has same error.

Bit more about my upgrade procedure: After csup'ing fresh sources I
build kernel and world with TARGETARCH=amd64 and install it to /amd64,
update loader.conf and zpool bootfs.

If boot from 8.2-release Fixit I can see and import  my zpool without
any error.

So where I'm wrong? Any ideas and recomendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance!______
WBR Sergiy