Constant minor ZFS corruption

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Mar 11 00:06:30 UTC 2011

On 3/10/2011 6:02 PM, Stephen McKay wrote:

> If either of these were the cause of our problem, we'd see errors
> logged, right?  Not just invisible corruption?

You would think.... Controller or controller driver issue ?  Do you have
any other systems with the same parts ?  If you swap out 2 or 3 of the
drives and then take those disks into another system, are you able to
trigger the issue or an issue ?

> We will probably swap the power supply and cables anyway soon, just to
> see what happens, but on other machines where cables or power was the
> problem I saw errors (just like yours) in the logs.
>
>> After almost 5 days of uptime, no problems at all now.  Not one error.
>
> Well, we've got something to aim for, eh? :-)

Considering I was seeing dozens per hr, 5 days (now 6!) without an error
is great :)

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400