[rfc] 64-bit inode numbers

Garance A Drosehn gad at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 23 00:20:52 UTC 2011

On 1/20/11 7:41 AM, Gleb Kurtsou wrote:
> I've updated the patch. New version is available here:
> https://github.com/downloads/glk/freebsd-ino64/freebsd-ino64-patch-2011-01-20.tgz
>
> Changelog:
> * Add fts, ftw, nftw compat shims in libc
> * Place libc compat shims in separate files, don't hack original
>    implementations.
> * Fix dump/restore
> * Use ino_t in UFS code (suggested by Kirk McKusick)
> * Keep ufs_ino_t (32 bit) for boot2 not to increase size

Sorry for replying to an older message, but a reply made in a different
thread reminded me about this project...

Also, I may have asked this before.  In fact, I'm almost sure that I started
a reply to this back in Jan/Feb, but my email client claims I never replied
to this topic...

Are you increasing only the size of ino_t, or could you also look at
increasing the size of dev_t?   (just curious...)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu