zfs process hang on pool access

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 13:55:30 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andriy Gapon" <avg at FreeBSD.org>
>> smartctl -a /dev/da1
>
> Is this the only disk associated with the troubled pool?

Yes, there's two disks in the machine 1 x 500GB HD (root etc) and
1 x 60GB SSD which is the the pool we're having issues with.

As you can see a full raw device dd completed fine. My admins tell
me they have had a number of cases like this requiring a power cycle
after which all is fine. Apparently it seems to affect machines
with high uptimes, if thats of help. This machine shows:-

uptime
 1:55PM  up 112 days,  3:19, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

    Regards
    Steve