Fw: zpool-zfs'es on a GELI-encrypted volume are not mounted at boot [patch included]

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Sun Jul 10 12:26:24 UTC 2011

Nearly a week ago I posted this question to freebsd-fs, but probalby my
question is a) worded too complicatedly, b) not really a
filesystem-issue or c) both.

To rephrase: In setups requiring one or more ZFS-dataset to be mounted before another service is activated (GELI in my case) and the rest of the ZFS-datasets after that service is activated (because they require GELI), it seems to be necessary to add a `zfs mount -a` to mountcritlocal. Is this considered correct behaviour and wouldn't it make sense to add such a line to mountcritlocal in the standard setup?

Thank you, cheers,
--
Christopher J. Ruwe
TZ GMT + 2