avl_find() panic

John jwd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 6 00:21:55 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

   I have a system that panic'd this morning, 4 day old current
(2011-07-01_11.45pm). Message typed in from the console immediately
after reboot. OS on ufs, data volumes on zfs.

ZFS filesystem version 5
ZFS storage pool version 28
panic: avl_find() succedded inside avl_find()

   Unfortunately, I don't have a traceback for this.

   The comment in avl.c makes it seem like the avl code is enforcing
uniqueness in calling code, esp. where it talks about kernel vs
userland.

   I'll followup with more info if this replicates.

   Thoughts welcome.

-John