Performance issues with 8.0 ZFS and sendfile/lighttpd

Lapo Luchini lapo at lapo.it
Sat Jan 29 20:43:43 UTC 2011

Ivan Voras wrote:
> 2009/11/7 Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz>:
>> And as you noted, read, write, fault, total and percent are not updated on
>> machine with ZFS, so I can't compare it with UFS2 based machine.
>> Is this bug in top fixed in 8.x? Will you file a PR? (you know more about FS
>> related things than me :])
>
> Not much... it depends on from where the stats are collected - there
> is a fair bit of file system infrastructure that ZFS bypasses and if
> these stats come from it, they cannot be collected.

Any news about that?
I can see it's not in 8.1-RELEASE, but I didn't check in any later
release (yet).

Should we file a PR not to forget about that?

Is the following patch safe to apply?
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/zfs-ru.diff

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“X-rays will prove to be a hoax.” (Lord Kelvin, 1883)