"rpc mount export: RPC: Can't decode result" when export list is to long

Mickaël Canévet canevet at embl.fr
Thu Jan 27 14:39:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a configured a FreeBSD 8.2RC2 exporting 200+ ZFS volumes with
NFS. If I just set sharenfs="on" on server, I can do a 'showmount -e' on
my Client (CentOS 5.5), but if a put a list of 7 or more hosts in the
sharenfs command, the 'showmount -e' on the client returns "rpc mount
export: RPC: Can't decode result" and so automount does not work.

Is there some kind of limitation of export list ?

Thank you,
Mickaël