zpool failmode=continue

Johannes Totz johannes at jo-t.de
Tue Dec 13 14:53:55 UTC 2011

On 13/12/2011 14:44, Peter Maloney wrote:
> Are you using NFS or ZVOLs?

Neither, see below.

> My zfs hangs (all IO) if I go into the .zfs/snapshots directory over
> NFS. (planning to file a PR after I find a way to reproduce it reliably,
> but it depends on specific snapshots). My workaround is to mount
> /var/empty on top of the .zfs directory on the nfs client, and give
> nobody else access. Another workaround I thought of is to have another
> parent directory in the dataset, and share the 2nd level down which
> doesn't contain the .zfs directory.

My pool is not exported to any clients. My situation is actually the
other way around, should have been more clear: the block device on which
I created the pool is a on the network.
It's kind of a crazy setup:
- sshfs to another (Linux) machine
- create big image file
- create pool from file vdev mounted via sshfs
Eventually the network drops out, zpool shows read and write errors,
fine so far. But all new io just hangs instead of failing with an error.