Does UFS2 send BIO_FLUSH to GEOM when update metadata (with softupdates)?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 2 08:43:06 UTC 2011

Hello, Kirk.
You wrote 2 декабря 2011 г., 6:36:26:

> The one place where a synchronous write (bwrite) is used is when the
> completion of a particular I/O is needed to make progress on many other
> things (usually an update to the SUJ log) in which case SU will force a
> flush on that I/O (e.g., bwrite it) to hasten it along.
  So, it will be great, if SU will mark such writes additionally :) It
could help sometimes -- even if lower layers will not lie about
complete writes, it looks that SUJ could work better if such
really-critical writes will not delayed at all (even for 30 seconds,
which are Ok for all pother SU writes, as you stated earlier).

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>