NFSv4: After upgrade to 9 users can no longer list files.

George Liaskos geo.liaskos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:17:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

I upgraded my home server the past weekend from 8.2-STABLE to 9,
after the upgrade users can no longer list the files / directories of a mount
from a client machine.

I am using nfsv4 exports for almost a year now, never had an issue, i did not
change the configuration during / after the upgrade. My kernel config was
using NFSD already.

Some server config info; i am exporting ZFS file systems:

[/etc/exports]
V4: /usr/local/data -sec=sys -network 192.168.0.0/24
/usr/local/data/downloads     -network 192.168.0.0/24 -maproot=root
/usr/local/data/software        -network 192.168.0.0/24 -maproot=root

[/etc/rc.conf]
rpcbind_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
nfsv4_server_enable="YES"
nfsuserd_enable="YES"
mountd_flags="-r -l"
mountd_enable="YES"

I am able to mount from the clients, root can list everything but
other users can't
either from console or from a file browser. I can still blindly cat /
touch files,
everything works except list. The same goes with local mounts on the server.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
George