question on extended attributes

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sat Apr 16 01:25:38 UTC 2011

Oh, I don't know if this might help, but...

The Mac OS X NFS client will create a bunch of .XXX files to store
the resource forks. So, if you NFS mounted the FreeBSD volume on
your Mac and then copied the subtree to the NFS mount point, Mac OS X
"might" create the fake resource fork files for you? (I'm not sure
which Mac copy programs know about resource forks.) If this works,
you'll see a bunch of stuff in the directories with names that start
with ._ if I recall correctly. Not sure what you can do with them on
FreeBSD though?

rick