siisch0: Timeout on slot 30

Ed S mailing.lists at streamvia.net
Wed Apr 13 17:39:29 UTC 2011

> I've encountered similar situations with my Silicon Image SATA
> controller
> which uses internally a SATA port multiplier for the E-SATA ports.
>  When
> used in conjunction with enough disks I'd constantly get these
> issues.  In
> short I'd avoid port multipliers until a proper bug fix has been
> found for
> this driver.

I found this in the webcvs and thought there might some relation - although im not seeing the panic:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-September/009438.html
Revision 1.1.2.30: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for diffs
Thu Sep 30 04:23:03 2010 UTC (6 months, 1 week ago) by mav
Branches: RELENG_8
Diff to: previous 1.1.2.29: preferred, colored; branchpoint 1.1: preferred, colored
Changes since revision 1.1.2.29: +8 -5 lines
SVN rev 213293 on 2010-09-30 04:23:03Z by mav

MFC r212732:
Fix panic, when due to some kind of congestion on FIS-based switching
port multiplier some command triggers false positive timeout, but then
completes normally.

Also saw this was the list where mav@ posted a patch previously, i dont see anything in the commit logs that might fix this issue in current/head.  But might boot it up and see...

Thanks,

Ed