zfs porting roadmap?

Lukas Rössler pontomedon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:05:15 UTC 2011

Am 04.04.2011 18:57, schrieb Pawel Jakub Dawidek:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 05:03:12PM +0200, Lukas Rössler wrote:
>> I browsed through the archives of the past few months and saw that
>> zfs is already ported up to v28 atm (thanks a lot at pjd - you do
>> awesome work!).
>>
>> Don't get me wrong here, i don't want to sound demanding in any way,
>> i'm just interested - are there plans to port it up to the current
>> version (31, i believe)? The killer feature for me is encryption,
>> which was added in v30...
>>
>> Thanks again for all your efforts, and thank you in advance for
>> answering a noobs question :)
>
> ZFS v28 is the last open-source ZFS version so far. I'd expect new
> features to be added by the top secret ZFS working group rather than
> ported. :)

hm do you mean "top secret working group" @ oracle?

I'm fairly new to all that stuff..
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+zfs/30
here it says available in "Nevada, build 149", whereas here
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+zfs-crypto/
it says "Solaris 11 Express".
I know that Oracle basically renamed OpenSolaris to Solaris Express, but
how das "Nevada" fit into that picture?
Funnily enough there seems to be source for zfs-crypto:
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/zfs-crypto/

I also read that Oracle continues to release Solaris (is that the right
term here?) source under the CDDL license, but only after the binary
release, so there should be source for versions higher than 28 sooner or
later?

Sorry for being offtopic, but all the info i find on the net just
increases my confusion... Probably someone could answer my questions
(via direct mail if it doesn't fit on the list..)

Thanks,

Lukas