what is g_vfs_done() and error = 6?? how to fix it??

Graham Todd gtodd at bellanet.org
Mon Apr 4 15:27:47 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 07:56, binto wrote:
> Also i got before it's reboot suddenly:
> panic: initiate_write_inodeblock_ufs2: already started

I think you're getting a panic from ufs2 and softdep somewhere because for
whatever reason geom is saying the drive has disappeared (bad cabling, bad
hardware, bad sector, electrical glitch, etc.)? Someone more knowledgeable
than me can explain the code path and error 6.

If it is hardware and the drive that has your / or /usr filesystems then
panic'ing is "correct" behaviour I believe. If it is a USB drive being
pulled without umounting then I think FreeBSD is supposed to handle that
incorrect operation more gracefully since 7.*

Was there data loss?  Did the server reboot properly?  Have you run any
hardware tests?

cheers