zfs very poor performance compared to ufs due to lack of cache?

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 12 19:20:53 UTC 2010

on 12/09/2010 20:29 Steven Hartland said the following:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andriy Gapon" <avg at freebsd.org>
>>
>> Well, I do not see enough technical details in this report to see what's going
>> on.  As we know, there is also another issue (not sendfile specific) leading to
>> ARC shrinking.
>
> What details would you like?

All :-)
Revision of your code, all the extra patches, workload, graphs of ARC and memory
dynamics and that's just for the start.
Then, analysis similar to that of Wiktor.  E.g. trying to test with a single
file and then removing it, or better yet, examining with DTrace actual code
paths taken from sendfile(2).

--
Andriy Gapon