Weird Linux - FreeBSD/ZFS NFSv4 interoperability problem

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Sep 3 18:01:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:
> On 9/3/10 9:08 AM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>>
>> (Note: I originally posted this to freebsd-questions, and it was
>> suggested I take it here.)
>>
>> While doing some interoperability testing between Linux and FreeBSD, I
>> came up with this unusual issue.  I could use some help figuring out
>> if this is a bug, and if so, where to file it.  Here's the scenario:
>>
>> - FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE server, sharing a ZFS filesystem via NFSv4.
>
> to help change and test things
> try using ZFS V28 with the virtualbox virtual machine that pjd announced
> yesterday.

I just grabbed it and slotted it into my VirtualBox test network.  I
need a little help getting nfs going, though.  I'm getting the
following error:

KLD nfslockd.ko: depends on nfs - not available or version mismatch
KLD nfsd.ko: depends on nfslockd - not available or version mismatch
mountd: NFS server is not available

Do I need to grab the source and build a new kernel with NFS enabled?