8.1-RELEASE and cddl-sources from STABLE

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Oct 29 15:57:08 UTC 2010

rainer at ultra-secure.de wrote:
 > is it possible to somehow get all the MFCs for ZFS-stuff that went into
 > STABLE to compile in RELENG_8_1?
 > I tried (as suggested by someone) to just copy over the cddl-src-tree, but
 > that did not work:
 >
 > [142 lines of error messages]

RELENG_8 (a.k.a. 8/stable) will most certainly be more stable
than trying to cross-breed major parts of the source tree from
different branches.

Best regards
   Oliver
(who never used a "-RELEASE" in ~ 15 years of FreeBSD, except
for testing purposes or for inital installs from CD/DVD which
where then updated to -stable promptly.)

 > Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
 > advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
        -- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh