ZFS 'read-only' device / pool scan / import?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 11:59:49 UTC 2010

--On 23 October 2010 12:03 +0200 Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> As for read-only imports. This is not possible in the ZFS version we
> have now, but such functionality is available in most recent ZFS, which
> is not yet in FreeBSD.

Thanks, that just answered my original question perfectly :)

At least we know the mess we got into is recoverable, and numerous lessons
have been learnt - and that read only imports (which won't change anything
on the pool) should, hopefully be with us at some point :)

Regards,

-Karl