Locked up processes after upgrade to ZFS v15

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Oct 11 15:25:47 UTC 2010

on 11/10/2010 18:15 Jeremy Chadwick said the following:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:29:55AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 09/10/2010 16:37 Kai Gallasch said the following:
>>> I must repeat. I offer my help if someone wants to dig into the locking problem.
>>
>> I would like to look into this.
>> Can you provide shell access to a system that exhibits the behavior?
>> Or even better serial console for remote debugging, if possible.
>>
>> Also, can you first try with the very latest stable/8 or even head?
>> I have recently MFC-ed a few improvements to ZFS code.
>
> Andriy,
>
> If you need or want a secondary test box (with serial console access and
> kernel debugger, just not remote gdb/kgdb), I have one available which I
> can build (would take me only part of the morning) mimicking production.
> Let me know if you want/need a secondary test bed.

Jeremy,

were are in a process of debugging this issue with Kai and I think that we are
onto something.  I would like to ask you for some additional testing.

What kind of workload do your run?
Do you have anything using sendfile(2)?  E.g. Apache with EnableSendfile enabled
(it might be by default, without explicit options).
Can you try to disable sendfile(2) use, reboot and see how system behaves?

If you still experience the same problem after doing the above, then I'd like to
ask you for shell access with root privileges; or establishing communication via
IM and running some commands for me.

Thank you!
--
Andriy Gapon