ZFS v28 and proper checkout from CVS / Creating of new pools

mikej mikej at mikej.com
Mon Oct 4 20:21:24 UTC 2010

After reading the patch announcement, and reading the patched
applied against head of that day I did:

*default host=cvsup5.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
delete
date=2010.09.01.00.00.00
src-all

The patches seemed to apply cleanly.  Rebuilt world and kernel, installed,
ran mergemaster and rebooted.

Kernel shows ZFS FS version 5, storage pool28 and user land tools look to
be updated.
file shows zpool built for FreeBSD 9.0 and date/time stamps look good.

My problem, I cannot create a zpool.

I've tried creating against raw drives, against GPT partitions and always
I get the error

(root at charon) /home/staff/mikej/zfs# zpool create tank raidz2 da1 da2 da3
da4 da5 da6 da7 da8 spare da9
cannot create 'tank': invalid argument for this pool operation
(root at charon) /home/staff/mikej/zfs#

zpool ceate -n ....  show no errors.

If I run a 8.x kernel all works as expected.  Did I botch the CVS
checkout? Ideas?

Thanks.
Mike