problem mounting from flash [Invalid sectorsize] [g_vfs_done() ?error=22]

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Nov 9 13:59:35 UTC 2010

Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> wrote:
 > What might or might not work well, I think, is having fragment/block
 > ratio other then "8".

I've also successfully used fsize == bsize (i.e. ratio 1).
But I also think that ratios other than 1 and 8 will not
work well.

Another question is whether other FS-related tools like
fsck(8) and dump(8) work well with unusual file systems.
Having FFS support for, say, 65536 byte sectors won't buy
you much if fsck can't reliably handle it.

Best regards
   Oliver

"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs
would delete themselves upon execution."
        -- Robert Sewell