kern/151910: [zfs] booting from raidz/raidz2 on ciss(4) doesn't work

Emil Smolenski am at raisa.eu.org
Fri Nov 5 15:10:11 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/151910; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Emil Smolenski" <am at raisa.eu.org>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, am at raisa.eu.org
Subject: Re: kern/151910: [zfs] booting from raidz/raidz2 on ciss(4) doesn't
 work
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:45:39 +0100

 Please see at "Originator" field in both PRs. I'm familiar with PR 148655
 very well.

 Problem in PR 148655 is related to booting from _degraded_
 raidz/raidz2/mirror. In this PR we have problem with booting from
 _non_degraded_ raidz/raidz2 and only when ciss(4) is used. Mirror-based
 configurations, SATA disks, USB sticks, other RAID controllers are all OK.

 Of course I tested 8.1-STABLE (from Oct) and 8.0-RELEASE (where PR 148655
 is not applicable) but there were no difference -- still can't boot from
 raidz or raidz2.

 Thanks.

 --
 am