Using an SSD "disk" for /

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Nov 2 19:27:12 UTC 2010

02.11.2010 14:00, Julian Elischer написав(ла):
> there are trim patches but not in the OS by default as yet.
Would the patches apply to RELENG_8 today, or do they require some
9-only feature(s)?
>> Does anyone use an SSD under FreeBSD? Which brand/model? Are you
>> happy with it?
> usually I use flash for data regions.
And? Do you use the TRIM-patches? Does performance stay high with time
-- with or without TRIM? Do you use FFS or some other file-system? If
FFS, are you relying on newfs' defaults?

Thank you! Yours,

    -mi