FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE: property 'jailed' not supported on FreeBSD: permission denied

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 31 23:32:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 03:55:59PM +0400, Eugene Mitrofanov wrote:
> Hi
>
> The command "zfs set jailed=on tank/s1" is failed with the message "
> property 'jailed' not supported on FreeBSD: permission denied".
>
> Output of "zfs get jailed tank/s1" shows me that the property "jailed" is
> still exists:
> NAME     PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
> tank/s1  jailed    off      default
>
> How can I change its value?

It was accidentally marked as OpenSolaris-specific.

Should be fixed as of r208684 in HEAD and I plan to merge it to stable/8
in few days.

Thanks for the report!