Freebsd 8.0 kmem map too small

Alexander V. Ribchansky shurik at zk.informjust.ua
Fri May 14 08:21:22 UTC 2010

12.05.2010 01:38, Pawel Jakub Dawidek пишет:
> -skip-
> Could you try the following patch without disabling UMA?
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/vfs_subr.c.7.patch
>
> It works quite well for me.
>
> Also we still don't have back-pressure mechanism when arc_meta_limit is
> exceeded. OpenSolaris frees namecache entires then and we currently do
> nothing. I'll experiment with a bit and let you know if the patch above
> doesn't fix your problem still.

OOps, I do it again! ;)
So after several hard days my STABLE gone away again. With your patch
and UMA enabled. Wired constantly grow, last time I see it, it was about
940M
As Wired grom, perfomance become terrible, buildworld take about 4 hours
on Core2quadro.. So my wery IMHO (please don't kill me for it) that UMA
allocation on i386 is unusable, correct me if I'm wrong.

--
     AVR39-RIPE