Struggling on NFS problem

Cheng-Lin Yang yuwen at exodus.cs.ccu.edu.tw
Sat May 8 17:34:39 UTC 2010

Hi Rick and all,
I've upgrade the NFS server up to RELENG_8_0 with Rick's patches. I still see the negative "BioW Hits" on my FreeBSD NFS clients but the system is not hanged as before. So I would say somehow the upgrade is "partially successful" to solve the issue.

Howerver, new issue bumps up after the upgrade, My mail server which runs Dovecot also mounted on NFS server, shows the following error message after the upgrade
====
May  8 21:46:24 mail dovecot: IMAP(USERID): fcntl(write-lock) locking failed for file cshome/professor/USERID/Maildir/.OLD2/dovecot.index.log: Operation not supported
May  8 21:46:24 mail dovecot: IMAP(USERID): mail_index_wait_lock_fd() failed with file  cshome/professor/USERID/Maildir/.OLD2/dovecot.index.log: Operation not supported
May  8 21:46:24 mail dovecot: IMAP(USERID): fcntl(write-lock) locking failed for file  cshome/professor/USERID/Maildir/.OLD2/dovecot.index.log: Operation not supported
May  8 21:46:24 mail dovecot: IMAP(USERID): mail_index_wait_lock_fd() failed with file /cshome/professor/USERID/Maildir/.OLD2/dovecot.index.log: Operation not supported
====

Could you please kindly take a look on this new issue? Thank you. :)

Regards,
Cheng-Lin Yang