Freebsd 8.0 kmem map too small

Giulio Ferro auryn at zirakzigil.org
Wed May 5 09:14:10 UTC 2010

On 05.05.2010 11:11, Simun Mikecin wrote:
> [...]

This is the first post of the current thread: it should tell you everything

NFS server amd64 Freebsd 8.0 recent (2 days ago)

This server has been running for several months without problems.
Beginning last week, however, I'm experiencing panics (about 1 per day)
with the error in the subject

Current settings:

vm.kmem_size_scale: 3
vm.kmem_size_max: 329853485875
vm.kmem_size_min: 0
vm.kmem_size: 2764046336
hw.physmem: 8568225792
hw.usermem: 6117404672
hw.realmem: 9395240960
vfs.zfs.l2arc_noprefetch: 0
vfs.zfs.l2arc_feed_secs_shift: 1
vfs.zfs.l2arc_feed_secs: 1
vfs.zfs.l2arc_headroom: 128
vfs.zfs.l2arc_write_boost: 67108864
vfs.zfs.l2arc_write_max: 67108864
vfs.zfs.arc_meta_limit: 431882240
vfs.zfs.arc_meta_used: 431874720
vfs.zfs.arc_min: 215941120
vfs.zfs.arc_max: 1727528960

I've set nothing in either /boot/loader.conf or sysctl.conf

What should I do?