degraded zfs slowdown

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Tue Mar 16 13:24:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:23, Randy Bush wrote:
In Message-Id: <m21vfkr7ys.wl%randy at psg.com>

>>> as the ghostly bad drive does not have a unique name, [how] can i tell
>>> zfs to remove it for the moment?
>> Have you tried running a scrub on the pool and THEN trying to offline
>> and detach (zpool commands, not physical actions) the ghost drive?
>
>    psg.com:/root# zpool scrub tank
>    psg.com:/root# zpool status
>      pool: tank
>     state: DEGRADED
>    status: One or more devices could not be used because the label is missing or
> 	    invalid.  Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue
> 	    functioning in a degraded state.
>    action: Replace the device using 'zpool replace'.
>       see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-4J
>     scrub: scrub in progress for 0h0m, 0.00% done, 169h12m to go
>    config:
>
> 	    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
> 	    tank        DEGRADED     0     0     0
> 	      mirror    DEGRADED     0     0     0
> 		twed1   FAULTED      0     3     0  corrupted data
> 		twed1   ONLINE       0     0     0
>
>    errors: No known data errors
>
> still do not know how to detach bad drive as it does not have a unique
> name

Have you, Can you ? (zpool export tank) and then (zpool import tank) and
then followup with the results ? You might need some force flags with this
so don't be surprised.

When importing the pool it should search out the GUID for the badly named
drive and replace it with its proper drive.

I believe if at all possible you should wait for the scrub to finish or
properly stop the scrub with (zpool scrub -s)

Good Luck.

--

  jhell