HAST, ucarp, and ZFS

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 22:15:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at freebsd.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 11:57:15AM -0800, Freddie Cash wrote:
>
> The scripts in share/examples/hast/ are well... just examples and
> unfortunately support only one resource. You have to build/modify the
> scripts on your own (and maybe share the results?).
> Note that most of hastctl(8) subcommands accept 'all' as resource name,
> which means that operation should be performed on all configured
> resources.
>
> I think I've got things sorted out.  Heavily modified the scripts to work
with the setup I have (just ZFS, multiple resources, etc).  Everything is
working ... except ucarp itself.  Just hangs the box when enabling ucarp,
even without any of the extra HAST-related stuff.  :(  I think it's a
VirtualBox issue, though.  I'll keep playing.

At least the HAST side of things is working.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com