mbuf leakage with nfs

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 1 15:33:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:52:32 +0100 Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl>
wrote about Re: mbuf leakage with nfs:

WJW> > In my case it is the Linux client causing the problems (cannot tell
WJW> > yet if it is only with udp, but I would think so). If I understand
WJW> > Daniel correctly his latest testes were performed with FreeBSD
WJW> > client and udp. So it may very well be a generel issue with udp?!
WJW> > Would this help narrowing down the problem?
WJW>
WJW> I'm off 'till thursday.
WJW> At which time I'm willing to run more tests. Got plenty of boxes here.
WJW> Both FreeBSD and Linux. And otherwise will boot more in VirtualBox.

I finally too an axe and restarted nfsd without "-u". Now my mbuf usage is
flat as it should be. I guess some people using computers with udp
mounts will complian, but this can be fixed easily by converting their
connections to tcp.
However, I am still interested in having the issue fixed, so I will be
following the thread and contribute if possible.

cu
  Gerrit