zfs panic "evicting znode"

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Jun 30 04:52:16 UTC 2010

On Jun 16, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:34:20PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I have a box running 8.0-RELEASE that recently started panicing
>> every few
>> hours with the following message:
>>
>> panic: evicting znode 0xa1eafe80
>
> Do you have at least backtrace from DDB?
>
> What kind of workload do you have? I was no able to find a way to
> trigger znode_evict_error() call (this is what you're seeing).
> You could try changing '#if 1' to '#if 0' in
> zfs_znode.c:znode_evict_error(), but I don't think this code path was
> ever tested, because as I said, I was unable to trigger it.
>
> --
> Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.wheelsystems.com
> pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD committer                         Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!

I'm not too clever with ddb, but here's what I found after the last
panic:

http://img191.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=img0505g.jpg

Serial port is dead on this box, so I had to snap pics.

I did a "where" and then looked at each thread.  I now have the box at
home,
so I might have another chance with it before we nuke it - what other
info could
you use?

Thanks,

Charles