ZFS l2arc and HAST ? newbie question

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:19:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely7.cicely.de>wrote:

> Pawel, do you know if there is any chance that ZFS can boot with warm
> L2ARC? It is mentioned in several articles, but my system starts with empty
> cache. My system is already quite old, so probably it is already in.

There's been nothing mentioned about it on the zfs-discuss mailing list, and
I haven't seen it blogged about or mentioned in the changelogs for ZFSv14+,
so I don't think this has been implemented in ZFS yet.

I'm very interested to hear about your results with HAST/ZFS combo
> because I have a possible use case.

I've only used it in testing via VirtualBox so far.  Our intended use is to
create a fail-over storage network (1 server at building A, 1 server at
building B, connected via gigabit fibre) for a virtualisation setup.  In
testing inside VirtualBox, it works nicely.  Just waiting for our fibre link
to go live to test it on real hardware.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com