CFT: periodic scrubbing of ZFS pools

Sun Jun 13 10:57:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:46:52 +0200 Pawel Jakub Dawidek
<pjd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I proposed something like this:
>
> 	egrep '^[0-9\.\:\-]{19} zpool scrub '${pool}'$'
>
> Currently there is no way to tell if 'zpool scrub -s' stopped a scrub
> or if there was no scrub running. In newer versions of ZFS, it has a
> property which tells when the last scrub finished. Once we update ZFS
> we could take advantage of it.
>
> All in all, with better grep I'd like to see it committed.

I have a look at getting enough time to write the corresponding
man-page stuff on Tuesday, change the script as you suggested for this
(and another change for the case when there was no scrub run ever
before), and then commit it.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Alexander.