areca controller problem

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Jul 30 04:36:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 08:08:56PM +0200, Casper Jensen wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem with my areca controller running on amd64 based 7.3-REL
> [...]

Have you tried 8.1-RELEASE to see if the problem persists?  If so, have
you opened up a technical support case with Areca?

> (probe16:arcmsr0:0:16:0): inquiry data fails comparison at DV1 step

Supposedly this is normal.  See these posts:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-July/057838.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-July/057842.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-July/057844.html