NFSv4 permissions issues

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Wed Jul 28 07:50:14 UTC 2010

Hello,

In FreeBSD 8.1 when mounting an NFSv4 share (hosted by Solaris 10/ZFS) I
cannot create or alter any files on this share nor any other share
mounted from this same ZFS server. When I try to do so I get permission
denied error messages. This same share does not give me any problems
when mounted with identical mount options except for specifying NFSv3
rather than NFSv4... i.e.

mount -t nfs -o rw,tcp,intr,noatime,nfsv3 myip:/path /path

works fine, and:

mount -t nfs -o rw,tcp,intr,noatime,nfsv4 myip:/path /path

exhibits the above problems...

Any idea why this is so and what I ought to do to test using NFSv4 on
this machine?

--
Joe Auty, NetMusician
NetMusician helps musicians, bands and artists create beautiful,