Do we want a periodic script for a zfs scrub?

Wed Jul 21 08:29:21 UTC 2010

Quoting Marco van Tol <marco at tols.org> (from Tue, 20 Jul 2010 23:14:50 +0000):

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:32:38AM +0200, Bartosz Stec wrote:
>
> [... periodic zfs scrubs and snapshots ...]
>
>> Ross-at-neces-dot-com already did what you're searching for. I'm using
>> his periodic scripts for some months now, check here:
>>
> http://www.neces.com/blog/technology/integrating-freebsd-zfs-and-periodic-snapshots-and-scrubs.
>> They're doing all necessary stuff, like checking for scrub in progress too.
>> Hope you'll find them helpful.
>
> I was just looking into these and noticed you probably have to enable
> "listsnapshots" on your zpool which is off by default.  Couldn't find a
> reference to it on the page mentioned above, but I may have overlooked
> it.  While listsnapshots is off, snapshots don't appear in the used
> "zfs list -H -o name" commands.

The script in -current does not use any code from the link above. The
script in -current does not do snapshots, only scrubs. The script in
-current does only do "zpool list", not "zfs list". So all in all, the
script in -current does not need any change (I would have preferred
the "-t snapshot" way of listing snapshots, if it would have been
necessary).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Democracy is also a form of worship.
It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses.