zfs on 4k sector disks

Bucarr bucarr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 18:28:04 UTC 2010

I was wondering that as well.  So I set up a new FreeBSD8.0 box with a UFS2
disk as my boot disk and two WD 2TB EARS drives ("Advanced Format") for a
zfs data array.  I made no attempt to alter the WD drives in any way and
ignored the 512b vs 4096b issues.  'zpool create tank raidz da0 da1' set up
the array in a few seconds and I've copied to/from with no troubles and no
apparent performance issues that I care about.  If I had more of the WD
drives lying around, I'd add those to the array and see what gives then.

HTH,

Bucky