slight zfs problem after playing with WDIDLE3 and WDTLER

Tommi Lätti sty at iki.fi
Tue Jan 26 10:27:59 UTC 2010

2010/1/26 Tommi Lätti <sty at iki.fi>:
> 2010/1/26 Artem Belevich <fbsdlist at src.cx>:
>> Importing/exporting pool created on FreeBSD did work fine for me. The
>> pool built with labeled GPT slices (/dev/gpt/blah). OpenSolaris did
>> use its own funky names but that's about all that was different.
>
> Half of my arrays is on labels, but I guess OpenSol will figure it out.
>
>> Just don't upgrade pool or filesystem by accident. If you do, you will
>> not be able to use it back on FreeBSD.
>
> I don't think I'm re-importing the pool back to bsd, going to play it
> safe and just copying the data off and then re-create the pool.

Ohshit it worked

# zpool status tank
  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The pool can
	still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
	pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
 scrub: none requested
config:

	NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	tank          ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz1-0    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c8t1d0p0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c8t2d0s2  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c8t3d0p0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz1-1    ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c8t0d0p0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c8t4d0p0  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    c8t5d0p0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

I just did zpool import -f tank and that was it, not complaints. The
opensol kernel still sees that the one of the drives has less sectors
but doesn't seem to be bothered.

Now starts the real work, moving 3.26TB of data... :/

Thanks everyone for the good ideas :)

--
br,
Tommi