Some ZFS+NFS benchmarks (OpenSolaris)

Artem Belevich fbsdlist at src.cx
Tue Feb 23 19:54:43 UTC 2010

OCZ Vertex Turbo SSD that they used may not be the best choice for Zil.

It's not too bad, but according to benchmarks, it does lag behind
Intel's X25-M in IOPS:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-x25-m-vertex,2399-13.html

If we believe the benchmarks, OCZ's SSD could provide ~900 IOPS during
fileserver benchmark. I assume that it would be in the ballpark of the
iozone tests in the paper. The number seems to correlate fairly well
with the paper's probes/sec graps on pages 12 and 13.

My bet would be that if they used Intel's SSDs (X25-M or, even better,
X25-E), they would probably see noticeable write performance bump.

--Artem