What's the status of unionfs in RELENG_8 these days?

Vlad Galu dudu at dudu.ro
Mon Feb 1 09:04:14 UTC 2010

Hello,

About a year or so ago, I'd deployed unionfs mounts for the ports
directory of each jail on a server I used to nurse. However, once a
week, the host system locked up. Turned out it was one of the weekly
cron jobs that triggered it. Unfortunately I never got around
investigating that deeper, we simply switched to nullfs. Now I've a
similar scenario ahead, so I'm wondering if I could try unionfs once
more. Unfortunately, the server is on a different time zone, remote
debugging would be difficult, if not impossible.

So, is anybody successfully using unionfs with jails?

Thanks,
Vlad

--
Good, fast & cheap. Pick any two.