Next ZFSv28 patchset ready for testing.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 13 21:46:07 UTC 2010

Hi.

The new patchset is ready for testing:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20101212.patch.bz2

When applying the patch be sure to use correct options for patch(1)!:

	# cd /usr/src
	# fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_20101212.patch.bz2
	# bzip2 -d zfs_20101212.patch.bz2
	# patch -E -p0 < zfs_20101212.patch

The patch is against FreeBSD HEAD as of 2010-12-12.

Some of the changes since the last patchset (zfs_20100831.patch):

- Boot support for ZFS v28 (only RAIDZ3 is not yet supported).
- Various fixes for the existing ZFS boot code.
- Support for sendfile(2) (by avg@).
- Userland<->kernel compatibility with v13-v15 (by mm@).
- ACL fixes (by trasz@).
- Various bug fixes.

Please test, test, test. Chances are this is the last patchset before
v28 going to HEAD (finally). Especially test new changes, like boot
support and sendfile(2) support. Also be sure to verify if you can
import for existing ZFS pools (v13-v15) when running v28 or boot from
your existing pools.

Enjoy!

PS. Martin (mm@) will be providing patch against 8-STABLE soon.