HAST role failure

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:33:17 UTC 2010

Thanks Freddie,

For some reason, I still get the same error even after destroying the
journal.

hastctl create shared
[ERROR] [shared] Unable to open /dev/da0s1g: Operation not permitted.

When I check the status on the primary, I get this:

shared:
  role: init
  provname: shared
  localpath: /dev/da0s1g
  extentsize: 0
  keepdirty: 0
  remoteaddr: tcp4://172.19.254.15
  replication: memsync
  dirty: 0 bytes

I get the same log entry in var/log/messages:

Dec 13 16:24:53 hastA hastd[2325]: [shared] (primary) Unable to open
/dev/da0s1g: Operation not permitted.
Dec 13 16:24:58 hastA hastd[2319]: [shared] (primary) Worker process exited
ungracefully (pid=2325, exitcode=66).

Is there a way I can destroy a hast resource once created?

Regards,

Mike

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.