Zfs and Disc quota exceeded on 8.1-RELEASE

Mickaël Canévet canevet at embl.fr
Wed Dec 8 08:29:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

When I exceed quota on a ZFS volume on FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE, I can't
remove any file with rm. I know that there is a workaround by using
cat /dev/null in a file, but that's not really user friendly and can't
work when the volume is exported to Windows Clients via Samba.

In tried with FreeBSD-8.1-STABLE-201011 and this bug seams to be solved.

Is there a way to apply some patches on FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE to fix this
issue ?

Thanks a lot.
Mickaël